Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!!



So, we left carving our pumpkins to the last minute, well to the last hour I guess. We were basically intertwining carving pumpkins with putting on costumes, but my camera was going dead so you don't really get to see the chaos... The best part about pumpkin carving was Kaden. He was getting the dry heaves because of the smell and the gooey insides. He kept getting paler and paler and saying, "Mom, I feel like I'm going to throw up" He tried to battle through it but we turned his pumpkin over to dad pretty quickly. He actually had to leave the room for most of it, he made a quick appearance to tell Dusty what kind of face he wanted on his pumpkin and that was it!





Kaden's "scary face" pumpkin and Mady's Kitty



Breckyn's Kitty pumpkin and Ashlyn's cyclops



We're finally ready to go trick-or-treating! It was a nice night but I made the little ones wear sweaters under their costumes and ski socks and gloves, apparently that was overkill, they totally complained of being too hot. Oops. Well, I sent the kids off with dad, and then spent the next 2.and.a.half.hours. making cheese potato soup. It took forever!!!! (especially since I had to answer the door every two mintues for trick or treaters). My extended family showed up around 8 and the soup still wasn't done... I should just have Dusty make it next time. Anyway, here are the kids before they left to gather treats!





A Zombie Prom Queen and a Zombie Ballet Dancer. Sweet and scary at the same time!


Trick or Treat!!!!


Dark Fader, the Vampire twins and Princess Blella!

4 comments:

  1. WOW... I love that you have your halloween music playing so we can really get into these posts. hahaha I love you! seriously your parents are my idols. I love that they do a halloween dinner, so FUN!

    I LOVE the picture of Caden on the broomstick, that is so sweet. What a fun party!

    Can i tell you how proud i am of you for posting so many blogs, you have made me so PROUD!
    I have been without internet for the last week and so i almost lost it. haha I went a little crazy with my blog posts.

    LOVE all the pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! Gracie's teeth are Awesome in the last pic! And I'm so honored that Bella made it to your blog! :) I love the pic of Mady and Ash with the cool sky behind them! Who says you couldn't be a photographer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, I didn't even notice the cool sky behind them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I forgot to say, Bella wouldn't even touch the stuff in the pumpkin...so Kaden is ahead of her...although I don't know if she would have dry heaved...he must have gotten Rileys gag reflex!

    ReplyDelete