Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

We celebrate Christmas with Dusty's family on Christmas Eve. We normally go to Dusty's parents house to eat dinner and exchange presents but this year their new place isn't finished so we got to host the party at OUR house! Yeah. Actually it was really fun and not a very big deal, I was worried about hosting a party at my house on Christmas Eve but I had nothing to worry about. We all had a great time and there wasn't even a very big mess to clean up!
So, we always start off with the nativity scene. Dusty's mom made all the costumes and the kids walk in as their parts are read in the story. Kaden was such a lucky duck, he got to be Joseph again!




After the nativity, we all went downstairs to open presents. Kaden was a bit beyond excited to be getting Lego Batman for the Wii. Have I mentioned he is addicted to video games?



B-A-R-B-I-E, Barbie girl!



Ah, the snuggie. Can I just tell you how badly Ashlyn and her cousin Kalli wanted snuggies? I swear that's all Ash could talk about. And my sister in law and I had the girls convinced that they weren't getting snuggies so they were VERY excited when they got them. They obviously had to put them on right away.



Hmmm, that's a nice look for you Tim...


Every year Dusty's parents give the kids new PJ's. The kids love having new jammies to wear on Christmas Eve and they also like that their PJ's match their cousins! Now off to bed so Santa can come!

No comments:

Post a Comment