Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Ever since I was little, the leprechauns have been visiting my house on St. Patrick's Day eve and magically turning all the sugar in our sugar bowl into candy. It's nice to know that even though I'm all grown up they have continued on with the tradition for my kids as well. Breckyn and Kaden were so excited, they have been asking me for over a week if it's the night the 'lepercans' are coming, so last night when the time was finally here they made sure that our sugar bowl was filled to the brim (they can make more candy that way).

Kaden said they were using their "magic" to turn the sugar into candy. Also, I promise my kids do actually have a drawer full of cute PJ's but for some reason Kade likes to wear ONLY bottoms and Breckyn has an addiction to her Dad's T-shirts...



Those sneaky little Leprechauns not only left us a nice stash of candy but they turned our milk green! (Which the kids thought was hilarious)



My crazy little munchkins... plus 1 cousin. The little ones ran around all afternoon trying to find the Leprechuans.




I came across this cute little Irish saying:
“May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks. May your heart be as light as a song. May each day bring you bright, happy hours. That stay with you all the year long.”
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

2 comments:

  1. AAHHHH! you're one of "those" cute moms! I need to do this! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and Trav and I thought the friend in the speedo was HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete