Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Another busy week...

Seriously! I think my October is as busy as my December! There are just too many fun things to do at Halloween! We took Mady and Ash to their FIRST EVER Haunted House. We went to Nightmare on 13th and made a new friend...

Here the kids are before we went in. They were pretty excited but getting a little nervous.

Then Ash started to see some of the characters out in line and she completely freaked out. This is pretty much how she was the entire time. Latched on to whatever adult was closest to her with her head buried in their chest. She didn't see much but she sure screamed a lot!

Whew, we made it out of their all in one piece.

On a less scary note, Jenn, Alisa, Brittany and I took our kids to Little Haunts up at This Is The Place National Park. They got to go trick or treating, make a craft, go to the petting zoo, ride a pony and a train. The little kids had a great time, I think the older ones were a little bored. Sorry girls.


In true Kaden form, instead of petting the sheep he is mauling it. Or maybe that's a goat? I don't know.

Yeehaw! The boys loved this. Breckyn and Graci on the other hand have been taking horseback riding lessons so a pony tied to a pole that just went in circles was "lame".

Before we went home we rode the train. We had to wait in line forever, didn't make it onto the first train because there wasn't any room and then almost didn't make it onto the next train because right as it pulled up all these people came out of nowhere and rudely scrambled in front of us to get on. Britt is still mad about it as you can see... Grrr.

Every year, Dusty's parents like to take a trip to the pumpkin patch with the family and buy all the grandkids a pumpkin. The kids love to search through the field for the perfect pumpkin.

Hmmm. How many kids can we fit into a wheelbarrow?



After a great deal of searching, everyone has found their favorite pumpkin.

Thanks Grandma!

And last but certainly not least, we had our annual candy poker night with some friends. We went out to dinner and then back to our house to play some games.

Well the Nehrings found out that first timers luck really only holds out during your first time. They were our big winners last year but this year they just couldn't cut a break. Debi even lost to the dummy hand when we were all sure she was going to win! Don was making some great decisions on his cards... really Don, I hope you guys come every year. We love taking your candy! :) Brittany was the big winner this year and she says, "It's about time!" (Really we just let her win so she'll still play with us. She was starting to become a sore loser...) Just kiddin Britt, you know I luv ya!

2 comments:

  1. I love the top picture...Dusty looks hilarious! What a fun month you've had already. Also, I love " This is the Place" I take my kids there every year too! Good times:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great long post! You have been busy this Halloween. I think everything we have done for the holiday you have been at! :) Which means we haven't done much! :) I'll have to steal these pics from the This is the place monument to put on my blog! :) Do you have any more with me and Bella in them? Let me know if you do. Also if we go next year it probably won't be on a whim like it was this year, so we have to make sure and invite your mom. I mentioned to her about Bella getting lost there and she seemed bummed that she didn't get to go with. :(

    ReplyDelete